Sunday 13 May 2012

HSY beauty

It was a fun-filled weekend! I managed to squeeze catching up sessions with friends and eating to my heart content. This is so long overdue and I am glad that my health is finally restored! I missed eating alot =)

On Saturday, I booked a facial appointment for me and my friend. It is a deal by mydeal.com.my and it is only rm19.90 for 2 hour spa oxygen facial treatment + face, neck & shoulder massage + door gift. HSY beauty is located in complex mutiara, jalan ipoh.

I pick up my friend from Kepong and we snaked our way through traffic (or me who was driving). Traffic in Kepong was, as usual, jam and full of motorcyclists.

It was hard to search for the shop but once I called up to ask, it was just right beside 7-11. We went in and the assistant asked us to fill up a questionnaire regarding our face skin conditions.

It is a small shop with only 3 rooms and front partition as lobby. One of the rooms has an adjoining toilet which is leaking and smells funny. Luckily I am not in that room. I was lead to a room that has mirror and gadgets. Changed into a robe for easier massage by the assistant.

The whole ordeal lasted 3 hours. I was prepped with double cleansing and after she finished extraction, the beauty assistant told me that I have sensitive and dry skin which is not suitable for this package. In order to do a treatment that is suitable for my skin, I have to pay rm49 extra. I was sleepy and blurr so I kept asking why do I need to pay extra. In the end, she offered the package for rm40 and I happily took it, snoozing back again. I slept through extraction, massage and mask. I am too tired because previous night I slept at 2.30am and I really do not feel a thing when the assistant put the metal stick with a loop (not sure of the name) at the end to my face.

The result: My face looks radiant and smooth. I am not sure the assistants praised me because my face is really good or they just want to earn money (Chinese are pretty money minded). My friend have to pay extra rm49.50 because she needs extra hydrating treatment. She also complained that her beauty assistant did not clean properly and she needs to go to toilet to rinse the cleanser from her eyes. For extraction, mine was overall clean and she didn't leave any red marks because I think she chooses which is easier to extract. My friend's extraction was done pretty badly according to her. Her pimples are picked on and it became very red afterwards. She felt that her extraction was not complete. However, I am happy with my extraction because I don't like going around with red face.

The door gift is actually a whole body scan or face scan and we are supposed to go back again. I don't think it is actually feasible to go all the way to jalan ipoh just to get my face check and corrected by massages or treatments. This might be another way to make me pay more >.<

I might not go for facial deals on any groupon/mydeal/dealmates again. I think spa deals are worth it as they cannot add additional costs to the package. This is my first time going for a facial deal. Even though rm59.90 might be cheap for the whole facial, I do feel a bit cheated for paying extra.

1 comment: